Landmark Vineyards today announced $50,000 in awards to 10 nonprofit organizations through the Landmark Community Grants program. These grants support projects and services in Sonoma Valley and Russian River Valley, two regions of Sonoma County where many Landmark employees live and work.
Since 2014, Landmark has donated over $250,000 to local organizations through grants and employee-directed donations. The organizations receiving grants this year were selected by a committee of employees who volunteer annually to identify worthy organizations that provide projects and services that directly benefit the local community.
“We are deeply committed to supporting local efforts that are meaningful to our employees and that ensure Sonoma continues to prosper,” said Clarence Chia, senior vice president of marketing for Landmark. “We are grateful to be supporting these incredible organizations this year which work diligently every day to support the needs of the community.”
The 10 organizations receiving a $5,000 grant today are:
1. Court Appointed Special Advocates of Sonoma County – Recruiting & training youth advocates to represent foster youth.
2. Farm to Pantry – Gleaning program expansion to increase donations of fresh produce.
3. Forget Me Not Children's Services – Project HOME: Gardening and nutrition education for at-risk youth.
4. LifeWorks of Sonoma County – El Puente/The Bridge teen counseling program.
5. La Luz Center – AVANCE program teaches parents how to be advocates in their children’s educations.
6. Sonoma County Trails Council – Provides first aid training and AED equipment for trail volunteers.
7. Sonoma Valley Education Foundation – Valley Vibes afterschool youth orchestra.
8. TLC Child and Family Services – Young adult transitional housing program.
9. Transcendence Theatre Company – "Soy Yo/It's Me" self-empowerment workshops for youth.
10. Valley of the Moon Children's Home Foundation – Dental program for youth in emergency foster care.
Requests for a community grant are accepted annually in January. For more information about Landmark’s grant programs, visit: http://landmarkwinegrants.com/.
About Landmark Vineyards
Nestled at the base of the Mayacamas Mountain Range in the Sonoma Valley, Landmark® Vineyards epitomizes the rustic grace and beauty of Sonoma County. Since 1974, Landmark has been dedicated to producing handcrafted, ultra-premium Chardonnay and Pinot Noir sourcing grapes from unique vineyard sites throughout California to create rich, balanced wines. Their signature wine, the Overlook Chardonnay, has appeared on The Wine Spectator Top 100 list six times. Landmark’s wines may be purchased via select wine shops and restaurants, or directly from Landmark’s Tasting Room, on-line store, or through membership in the Wine Society. To discover more about Landmark’s remarkable approach to winemaking, visit www.landmarkwine.com.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios & Wonderful® Almonds, Wonderful® Halos®, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines, JNSQ® Wines and Landmark® Wines.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.