JUSTIN Community Grants, a program of JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, today announced $100,000 in awards to 20 organizations serving the North San Luis Obispo County area. JUSTIN has donated over $500,000 to local organizations since 2013 through its community and employee-directed grants programs.
JUSTIN Community Grants focuses on projects and services that directly benefit local organizations. The 20 recipients reflect the diverse character and interests that make North County a unique area in which to live, work, and raise families. They all demonstrated a commitment to strengthening the region, through youth programs, social services, and civic and community investments.
“We have a long-standing commitment to investing in the communities where our employees live and work,” said David Ricanati, President of JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery. “Our grants program and awards to these particular organizations reflect our continuing determination to remain fully engaged in every aspect of North County’s philanthropic, social, and civic life.”
The 20 organizations receiving a $5,000 grant today are:
- Adelaida Historical Foundation – Helping make the Adelaida School House handicap accessible.
- Boys and Girls Club of North SLO County – Funding Summer Brain Gain for 100 kids, a program that provides two hours of high-yield learning activities per day to reduce summer learning loss.
- CASA San Luis Obispo County – Funding a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) supervisor in North County, who will be responsible for training CASA volunteers to represent more than 60 abused or neglected youth in court.
- El Camino Homeless Organization – Funding 10 additional beds to expand the Atascadero shelter’s capacity as well as dressers for clients to store personal belongings so that they can feel safe and at home.
- Food Bank Coalition of San Luis Obispo County – Funding the purchase of fresh produce to be distributed to families in need at the Farmer's Markets in Shandon and San Miguel.
- Jack's Helping Hand – Funding vouchers for transportation, food and housing for families who must travel out of the area for children's medical appointments.
- NCI Affiliates Inc. – Funding five new computers for an education program that helps adults with developmental disabilities build social skills and prepare for employment.
- One Cool Earth – Funding a coordinator to recruit and manage volunteers to support educational garden programming at six elementary schools in Atascadero.
- Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services – Funding for two display monitors that will be installed in the Emergency Operations Center to disseminate emergency information to first responders.
- Paso Robles Library Foundation – Funding to purchase books and other materials to expand the library's Spanish language collection and increase library use by the Spanish-speakers.
- Paso Robles Main Street – Funding to replace three worn out wooden benches with metal ones in the downtown business area.
- Paso Robles Youth Arts Foundation – Supporting free art, drama, music and dance classes for 160 under-privileged students.
- Rise San Luis Obispo County – Funding a security gate at the Atascadero Shelter, which houses victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Studios On The Park – Supporting free field trips for 150 K-5 students to visit the art studio and take an art lesson with teaching artists.
- The Land Conservancy of San Luis Obispo County – Supporting outdoor science and education, and youth environmental leadership development at Santa Margarita Elementary.
- The Wellness Kitchen and Resource Center – Funding a new stove, prep table, and online ordering system to increase the number of meals for individuals and families facing critical illness, disease, and recovery.
- Transitional Food & Shelter – Supporting around-the-clock shelter, food, and supportive services for homeless individuals who are too ill or injured to be adequately served in traditional shelters.
- Transitions Mental Health Association – Supporting mental health services, such as counseling, anger management, and crisis prevention at a new location in Paso Robles.
- United Cerebral Palsy of San Luis Obispo County – Funding swings for a new universally-accessible playground in Atascadero that will be safe for children with special needs.
- Vineyard Team – Supporting research and technical assistance on best practices in water conservation and irrigation.
About JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant – making it the only winery on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. In 2015, JUSTIN was named “American Winery of the Year” by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club.
About The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Wonderful Almonds, Wonderful Halos, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.